Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not another UFO!

Scrap quilts are my favorite. I've amassed a large collection of scraps with dreams of making scrap quilts but never drug them all out and started pressing and cutting till this last week. It all started with the arrival of the Oct. issue of American Patchwork and Quilting and there it was...a beautiful scrap quilt designed by Katie Holland.
I didn't realize I had made so many quilts with batiks and tone on tones but thats what most of my scraps were After making a few blocks I thought this could be a beautiful quilt. I also thought , What have I done, I do not..I repeat, do not need a new project and then I quickly decided I would just keep going till I at least had the blocks done. THIS WILL NOT BE ANOTHER UFO! So far, its been 12 days and I have 71 of 113 blocks made and I still have some scraps left although I think I will soon have to cut some from my "collection" to fill in on some colors I'm running short on.

No comments: