Thursday, September 18, 2008

To School at last



This quilt is for my niece who started school at Univ. of Ohio at Miami a month ago. And till now, I was doing so well at getting things done on time. I finished the top in March(well ahead of schedule) but then was hesitant to quilt it. I've only had my longarm since the end of May and I really wanted to do a good job on it so I gave myself a little locker room chat, took a deep breath and ...mission accomplished! I'm even pretty happy with the job I did and that feels great. This was a really fun and easy quilt. A great way to use that fun fabric you found but now what to do with it.That "fun fabric" is the wide stripe in the quilt, then there is a stripe on either side of the "fun fabric" and in between the stripe fabric is pieces of accent fabric. The accent fabric is pieces of batiks and tone-on-tones that I had in my "collection". I've made three of these quilts now.

No comments: