Sunday, November 9, 2008

Judy's Star BOM #7

Block #7 is done. This block didn't go together as smoothly as some have but it was just me...I had my mind on some Christmas projects that I'm excited about. I'm just really pleased that I have been able to keep up with the blocks and haven't fallen behind yet. Really don't like playing catch-up.
Looking at all my blocks together, I can see that so far all my star points are green except for one that is brown and also there are 3 dark brown small pinwheels and that sort-of jumps out at me. I'll have to think about this in the future when making my color selections and have some trust it will all go together in the end....we'll see! Hey, thats half the fun of it.
I've had my longarm for 5 months now and it is finally starting to seem a little easier. The flowers quilted on the 4-patches are flowers that Judy Laquidara taught me when she dropped by. Her encouragement really gave me confidence to push myself and not be afraid to try things. So, on this quilt I took off and did just that. I'm very excited about the results. Thanks Judy.

This is a bigger shot of the quilt but it still has a striped binding that goes on and I think that will really finish it off. I was just so excited about the quilting I couldn't wait to put the binding on to show it off. This was a pack of 5-inch squares from Moda. Sometimes if I really like a line of fabric, I can pick up a couple of these packs and I get a chance to play with fabrics I love without spending alot of money.

2 comments:

Sue H said...

Your star blocks look great! I like the colors and the contrast. And we have more blocks to go for "evening colors out", if we need to. And quilting looks great!

Julie said...

Oh, your blocks are great! The other quilt you made is lovely too - nice work!

Julie in Oregon