Monday, March 16, 2009

Gardening 101


Future Garden

Gardening 101 for us...not for you. Don't be looking for any gardening tips here. We're just finding our way as we go here. We have had a couple of gardens before with limited success, but its spring and we have high hopes. Much later, when its 95 with 60% humidity and the weeds are popping up, I'll probably sit in the shade, laugh at myself, and wish I'd hadn't had such grand plans.
What I really want to do is can. Can tomatos, pasta sauce, salsa, and dilly beans. I will have to buy all my supplies and I will probably end up spending more than if I just purchased these items at the store, but its something I've always wanted to do. If I had a bucket list, canning would be on there somewhere.
I started some of my seeds today. Most of these are flowers, zinnas and cosmos but I also started some peppers for the vegtable garden.

No comments: