Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm a Winner


I won the door-prize at my March Quilt Guild meeting and look, it included 6-half yard pieces of Karen Hampton's snow-dyed fabrics. She is a very talented Fiber Artist that belongs to the Raintree Quilt Guild here in Evansville IN. Not only does she dye fabric, she prints, paints, silkscreens and does several other surface embellishments. Impressive! They sold raffle tickets to raise money for the quild, and when they called my number the whole room went black..all I saw was my number and when I came to my senses I was jumping up and down and I just don't do things like that...I'm not a real expressive. You always hear people say, "I never win anything" and I'm one of those. As I sit here and try to recall, I can't think of one contest I have won. I thought for sure that I would win Pioneer Woman's camera that she gave away on her blog a few months back...you see, my camera broke and I was not going to buy a new one (not in the budget) and I haven't. I borrow my daughters and that seems to work for now (shes very sweet about it). So, I really belived I would win that give-away and I say, you have to believe it you want it to happen. Yep, my name is Nancy Wheatley and I am a winner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on your basket o' goodies. Yes, you are a winner!!
Liz

Margo said...

Congratulations...it is always nice to win something...Maine